What's so great about LOCK-RIGHTs? In a word, PLENTY.
LOCK-RIGHT is an automatic positive-locking differential, and are used world over in commercial, military and civilian vehicles. Their performance, costs, as well as ease of installation make this "locker" one of the best selling locking device available.
First, to understand the benefits, let's explain the principles. In standard or "open" differential, the power is transferred to wheel with the least traction. Differentials are in our vehicles to compensate to unequal distances travelled by each tire, such as around a curve. Therefore, a standard axle needs a way to "slip". This is done with spider gears, which allows one axle to spin faster than another. You have a smooth, uneventful turn around a corner. If equal power was applied to both wheels, there would still be a need for "slip", this would be achieve by several methods, tire spin, tire wear, or axle breakage.
- Full Power Delivery to Both Wheels
- Provides Doubled Traction Improvement
- Greatly Exceeds Capabilities of Limited-Slip/Posi's
- Proven Off-Road Performance
- Automatic Operation (no compressor required)
- Uses No External Controls
- Helps Prevent Axle Failure
- Brute-Force Dependability
- Easy Installation
- No Special Tools
- No Shimming
- Re-use Original Differential Case
- No Special oil Required
- Broad Model Coverage
- Works in Front and Rear Differentials
- Controls wheel spin provides maximum traction
- 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty
Bottom Line: If you want traction, you want LockRight.